Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Hat



I finally completed the hat. I took a beginner knitting lesson for three weeks and this is the outcome. My younger son is a jewel. I put the hat on my head and he said that it looked really nice. My older son (I love him, too!) said that I needed to make one for everyone in the family. Does that have Christmas written all over it? I am just not sure of the color and the lightweight yarn. It did look cute on my older son - just a bit big. My stitches are fairly loose. I got better as I completed the hat. For a first project knitting the "correct" way, I was thrilled to complete it. I enjoyed the whole fiber shop setting. I bought some more yarn for another project that needs to remain nameless as a certain someone in the house may check my blog. I will share pictures when I complete it. I thought I had the right size needles in my stash, but no such luck. I need to go back and pick those up tomorrow.

Today, at the fiber store, there was a couple in from Minnesota. He is a civil war battle guru and she knits. They hit the battle sites and the yarn stores all over the country when they go on vacation. What an interesting trade off. The woman was making a "quilt" of a sweater using skeins she purchased from all the places. That is an ingenous way to capture memories from trips.

I hope to keep the knitting up. It is still work and not something I can do without concentrating. I love that it has opened up my eyes to more creativity. We'll just see how many ideas I act on.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Wow... it looks great! Keep going, because eventually it seems to just click and the things you thought you had to concentrate hard on, suddenly seem so natural and easy! You are making me want to knit soon! I have two sewing projects I need to do (at least one first) and maybe I'll wander into the yarn store and get some! Christmas is really just around the corner!