Friday, September 28, 2007

Turkey Trot

Today is my younger son's fundraiser, Turkey Trot, for his school. I am not quite sure why they do it in September. It sounds like a Thanksgiving thing.

The kids and teachers walk/run laps for a half hour. My son is psyched for it. His grade doesn't get to "trot" until after lunch. The sky is picture perfect beautiful. I just hope it doesn't get too hot. He has set a goal to try to run 30 laps. We'll see how he does.

It is a great money maker for the school, but involves lots of manpower. I get to go count laps recording the numbers as the kids funnel through the shoot. I have to find something yellow to wear. I have a very limited selection of yellow shirts. I like the color but it looks horrible on me!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

This is so funny because I specifically remember a conversation with you in high school and we were talking about colors and what looked good on us and you said "It doesn't matter what color you wear" and I said it did but didn't argue it further...and I think about that to this day!!! Isn't that funny? And I believe we were talking about the color yellow!! Ha!

Becky said...

No way! I was so goofy - perhaps, I still am! I hope it makes you smile when you wear yellow.

I ended up wearing a golden color and one child commented that I did have yellow on. I was doing the best I could!