Friday, September 28, 2007

Idealist

I road my bike today. I am 99% of the way there feeling like the bike is mine and seeing the potential for adventure on it. As I was riding, I realized I am an idealist. I have hope that some treasure awaits me out on the rides. At each intersection, I scan the gravel, dirt, and grime in the roadway for something special. To date, it hasn't amounted to too much. I've found a penny here and a nickel there. I think the most money was an old quarter one day. Today, I saw where the lines crew painted the white line right over a penny adhering it to the road for quite some time. I know my husband doesn't search for treasures while he rides. But, I am optimistic that one day I will find something to cherish!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Maybe the "treasure" is more in the riding than in the finding?

Becky said...

That is what my heart(physically) is saying!