Monday, September 17, 2007

Tomato Basil Pie


I tried a new recipe tonight for dinner. It was Tomato Basil Pie. It would be great paired with a spinach salad. My sweetie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a new twist for tomatoes.

TOMATO BASIL PIE

Deep Dish Pie Crust
2 cans Del Monte diced tomatoes, drained & seeds strained
2 1/2 cups Mozzarella, divided
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2-4 minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried basil or fresh basil
1/3 cup Parmesan
Olive oil

Cook pie crust according to directions. Layer 1 1/2 cups of Mozzarella on top of pie crust. Mix the mayonnaise, garlic, basil, Parmesan, and 1 cup of Mozzarella. Add the tomatoes. Add the cheese mixture on top. Drizzle the olive oil on top. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

I caught a bit of Rachel Ray's show this morning. Two families swapped kids - one set of picky eaters for one set of adventurous eaters. One thing I took away from the show was to keep the dinner exciting. We have one very picky eater. I love to cook and try new things. It is easy to just cater to exactly what the kids like. But, I am going to try to spice it up and keep it exciting for me. A few nights a week, I am going to try something new and get the kids to taste it!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I wish I would have seen that show! I think I will try that too... we are in a rut! Your tomato pie looks fantastic!!!