Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"Live Like You Are Dying..."

The song, Live Like You Are Dying, by Tim McGraw was ringing in my head today. I'd love to stream the song in this blog, but I am time constrained.

The homily from Mass this weekend revolved around this song. Believe it or not, our priest has a pretty good singing voice. He routinely breaks out in song. We all recognized this one. I was struggling with coming up with something to post today and started to think back to Sunday. The idea we should all live by is to be our best everyday. We don't get to know when our time here on Earth will end. I have trouble remembering that. Tonight, I've taken a deep breath and tried to think of the things I did today that would prepare me. They include the following:

I made lunches for my husband and children. I enjoy packing the lunches. I consider it a labor of love and they get to open their bags seeing what suprises are in store.
I called my niece letting her know we are still thinking about her and her husband.
I volunteered at my older son's school closing out the fundraising.
I rode my bike to and from school wth my younger son. He "broke away" up the street and beat me to the driveway.
I slowed down through the parking lot to let people cross.
I got all the weeks groceries for less than $150.
I told my husband how much I love his curls. It was humid today and he doesn't like when his hair does its own thing.
i sang some songs while driving with the windows down.
I tucked the boys in giving hugs and kisses.
I finished this blog so I could cuddle with my husband and tell him just how lucky I am.

~Sweet Dreams!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

This was a sweet post! You're such a great mom Becky!! Your family is so lucky!