Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Musical Chairs

The music was playing in our family room this weekend. The couch used to be against the wall. The ottoman was in the attic. The chairs were in different places. When the music stopped, everything had a new home. It feels like a refreshed room. I still need to get some kind of window treatments. I am thinking some sort of sheer just to soften and diffuse the light.

Welcome to my family room. Feel free to stop in to chat, to watch, to listen, to stitch or to just hang out!

Note the pillow with the tassels on the couch. That is one of Buddy's favorites. The chair in the foreground referred to as the tomato chair is a great place to curl up.

The TV looks dated compared to what is out on the market these days. I've got my eyes open for an afghan with texture and color to throw over the back of the couch.

In the corner of the room is the infamous marble top dresser. Growing up it was a dresser I used in my bedroom. It now contains lots of stitching, knitting, and needlepoint items. When I need a new project, I can "shop" in my marble top.

Pumpkins will soon adorn the mantle. We had our first cool morning. Fall is almost here!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I remember your dresser now that I see it!! I have a similiar one from my granparents that I am using but I want to relegate it to the guest room with less wear and tear! Your family room looks very comfortable and welcoming! I am at the same place you are with window treatments-- I have the blinds but nothing else. I wanted to do simple drapes on poles but the top of the blind is so ugly that I feel like I should do valances to hide it! Ugh. I can't make up my mind!!!