Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ice Cream Truck


My kids have waited all summer for the ice cream truck. Now, it has come twice in the last two days. They were thrilled with their afternoon treat today. It was perfect as it is still hot and humid here. One boy got a chocolate crunch. I always liked the strawberry crunch when I was little. My other son got a bubble gum popsicle. It doesn't sound too good, but he thoroughly enjoyed it.

I remember how excited I got as a kid when we heard the ice cream truck. It did not always come by and I wasn't allowed to always get something. I remember once raiding the piggy bank dumping loose change in my pockets and running through the neighborhood to find the truck. We had paths that cut between the houses to connect the streets. Once, I ran through a few paths ending up pretty far from home. In my haste to find the truck, I think I forgot to ask permission. I remember my parents being quite upset with me for not asking and for going so far from home. It did not matter, though. I got the ice cream and it was yummy!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I always thought my parents were spoiling me when they let me get sprinkles on my vanilla cone! And chocolate dipped...that was a Big splurge! Do they still have softserve or just packaged?? We don't have the truck come by...too busy of a street!

Becky said...

They only have novelties and we limited them to the ones that cost a dollar. So, they only have a selection of about five to choose from. I think the truck just has freezers in it. I forgot about them serving soft-serve.