Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wallabees


We reached a few milestones at our house. First, my older son's foot is officially bigger than mine. They are just a bit bigger. I can still get away with slipping them on in a pinch. That comes in handy when I have to run out for the newspaper. Anyway, I am not sure where the time has gone and how he has grown so quickly. Second, we succombed and bought him a pair of Wallabees. They are thing to wear - in his eyes. Apparently, you are supposed to wear them without socks. Can you say smelly? My son resigned himself to wearing them with lowcut socks. You aren't supposed to lace them tight either. That slipping-on-your-foot thing equates to a cool stride down the hall. My husband had a pair of Wallabees when he was younger. I guess the saying is true with fashion that "what goes around comes around." I can pass on the '80s shoulder pads coming back!

My son will be walking in these shoes for his year in seventh grade. I am glad that I have already been there and done that. We just pray his walk is as "comfortable" as possible.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Was it tretorns for us in 7th grade? We each had a different color!! I don't remember wallabees in the "north". I think the guys wore those LLBean Blucher (?) shoes, no socks. Craig still has his!

Becky said...

You are right. I had green tretorns. Remember the Member's Only? I never did get one. I remember some blue painter's pants overalls too. That might have been 8th. Too funny!

Bethany said...

OH my--those Members Only jackets... I was so tired of seeing those after awhile! I just had to laugh a couple years ago when izod became cool again! I remember in 8th grade I had a knock-off JC Penney shirt with some fox emblem or something-ha! And my Calvin Klein jeans which I wore way too much. My parents hated label clothing but gave in to my pleading, I suppose!