Thursday, September 13, 2007

Riding in the Rain

I got my nerve up to go for a real bike ride today. It has been so dry here for so long that it did not dawn on me to check the radar. It was cloudy and cool. I was confident. My feet were clipped in and I was getting to know my bike. At one point, I noticed the sky looked a bit darker. I decided to turn around. That was a good thing. The rain started and just kept right on coming. It was a steady good rain - for the grass, not for someone on a new bike. My bike was baptized. With God on my shoulder, who knows where this bike riding will take me.

I dried it off as soon as I got home. I am crossing my fingers that the chain is still lubed.

This is only a start and lots of room for improvement. I am just thrilled to be almost over the hump mastering the pedals. The speed and the distance will come.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

That bike looks WAY too complicated for me! Glad it went well and you are inspiring me to actually find an outside activity that I like to do!

Becky said...

Try biking for just a week and you might be hooked. Helmets are mandatory!