Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Speedplay Pedal


Okay! This is what the pedals look like on my new bike. I have special biking shoes that are compatible with the pedals.

I did try the bike out this morning. I got my left foot clipped in and pedaled away. I clipped my right foot in too. As soon as I realized both feet were attached to the bike, I started to panic. When I applied my brakes, I was able to clip-out with my right foot. I made it about a mile around the neighborhood. Some of that was riding with only one foot clipped in. I practiced against the curb clipping in and clipping out with both feet. I just have to gain the confidence that I can unclip my foot and get it on the ground if I need to. I feel like I am taking baby steps in the right direction. I can only hope that with these baby steps my confidence grows exponentially. The weather is a bit cooler and I need the exercise. I need to be riding the new bike for miles. Perhaps, by the end of the week...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I obviously know nothing about biking because I don't understand these pedals!!! You are brave...very brave!

Becky said...

I have a long way to go! I must be providing entertainment for some nieghbors:) When did I become so cautious?