Monday, September 10, 2007

Grandparents' Day


My younger son welcomes his grandparents to his classroom this afternoon. Fortunately, his paternal grandparents live close by. He gets to show off his room and they get to meet his teacher. He interviewed his grandpa about his school days. His favorite subject was chemistry, FDR was president, computers were not invented, and there wasn't any A/C. I'd like to be a fly on the wall to hear the other grandparent stories.

My younger son's maternal grandma lives far away and won't be joining him in the classroom. We'll send thoughts her way. My younger son's maternal grandfather passed away 11 years ago. He will make his presence known. My younger son buttons his polo shirts all the way up, something his grandfather always did. I try to convince my son to unbutton one button, but to no avail. He is adamant about buttoning them all. I just smile to myself and thank my dad for that!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Your mom is so cute! And I think it's wonderful that David's parents could go today!! I wish my Grandpa was still around. We always loved hearing about his life as a boy...the model t's and all ;) Even now my kids think it was so long ago that we were in elementary school...we had no computers back then either!!!