Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Blue Cheese & Broccoli Pasta

I was flipping through my recipes the other day trying to find a simple one for dinner that included broccoli. I remembered this recipe from a friend in Bethlehem, PA (Thanks, Annette!) I made it for dinner. Three out of the four of us enjoyed it. My older son chose the plain bow ties! It is one of those quick meals that tastes special. I used a rather strong blue cheese. The next time, I'd choose a milder one or reduce the amount of cheese by just a smidgen. The left overs were yummy too!

BLUE CHEESE & BROCCOLI PASTA
1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup butter, softened
4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled at room temperature
2 tbsp freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
Freshly ground pepper
12 oz fusilli or Penne rigati (I only had bow ties)
3/4 lb broccoli cut into bite size pieces

Cook pasta according to directions on package.

In a large serving bowl, combine garlic, red pepper, olive oil, butter, blue cheese, Romano or Parmesan and pepper. Set aside.

Add broccoli to pot of cooking pasta for the last 1-2 minutes to cook the broccoli. Drain pasta and broccoli. Add to serving bowl and toss. Add extra grated cheese, if desired. Serve hot.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Sounds really, really good! I still want to hear about your voice lessons!! I was thinking about you today!