Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fall Break Comes to an End

The boys were off school again today. It was absolutely beautiful here. We only had a few commitments.

I was so impressed with my older son. He spent a half hour with my conductor. He just stepped right up there and sang for him. It was obvious that he was nervous, but he just forged ahead. He still has that naive confidence and is willing to give anything a shot. I pray that is one trait that sticks with him for life. I feel like my courage has weakened in certain areas as I have aged. Perhaps, it is that ignorance is bliss thing!

We tried a new Mexican restaurant for lunch. It was great! The boys and I split fajitas. They ate the meat on the tortillas and I got the vegetables. One of our favorite authentic restaurants has frozen Sangria Margaritas. They are wonderful. We haven't found any place that does it quite like they do. We'll have to go back and see what this new place serves up.

The boys ended up playing outside in the front yard. I am so happy our yard doubles as the football field or the soccer field. I glanced out the window this afternoon. There were a few neighborhood boys and one dad playing touch football. We have so many pilots in this area. It is not unusual for dads to be home. It IS unusual to have a dad - other than my husband - in the front yard. The boys were in heaven.

It all came to an end when it was time for the orthodontist. One boy has red and one boy has green rubber band things. Who invented the use of colors on the braces? The boys get to alternate colors too if they want to. I prefer the solid color. And, I don't think yellow is the best color against their teeth. I guess it gives the kids something to look forward to as they make their way through the braces process.

I was hoping to take some creative picture to post, but no such luck today. My husband's birthday is this weekend. I am trying to whip something up for him. It is one of those projects I should have started weeks ago, but did not. Now, I am not sure I will get it done. I can't work on it when he is around! Ugh! And, I just don't know what he will think of it. Anyway, I will work on it some more tomorrow.

Tomorrow - marks the end of the boys fall break. They will be back to school for the trek to Thanksgiving. I think they enjoyed their day, but are glad to get back and see their friends.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

It is so much fun to see the kids playing ball in the yard! I can just imagine your boys running around! When is E's singing tryout?
I could go for a good Margarita too...maybe I'll just run down there and join you!

I really liked seeing that picture of your Dad too. I wish I could have gotten to know your parents better...it was just out of my realm of thinking back then. But your parents feel like family to me because they were such a big part of my life back then. It was always nice to know that you guys were just down the street!! Which reminds me how much fun playing neighborhood tag games always was!