Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Pilates

Over the last few years, I have been a pretty regular attendee of a local pilates class. I can't go in the summer because the boys are home. The class is fabulous, but I have not gotten back into the swing this school year. It occurs in the middle of the day. It is easy to adjust priorities and "blow" it off. The last time I went this fall was in late August. I bought a 10 class pass at that time. I am proud to say that I went back again today! I am not flexible. It requires lots of work for me to participate. I continuously cheer myself on while I am there. The way you feel at the end of class is invigorating. I think it all boils down to the breathing. As I go about my everyday life, I don't inhale and exhale as much as I do in the class. It feels good. I am not going to mention how sore lots of muscles will be tomorrow or the next day. My goal is to make it back to class and get to the strength point that I was at. We'll see!

Pilates is all about the core. By strengthening the core muscles you improve everything else. I know the increase will help with my bicycling and even my singing.

Did I mention singing? I have my first voice lesson tomorrow. Say a prayer for me. I am already nervous! I've heard it is very rewarding, but lots of work. I hope I have the time to give it my all. I am sure I will create a post just about the lesson. I am going to have to remember to breathe!!!!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I hope your class is wonderful!!!!

I used to do Pilates too...I should again.