Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lunch with Friends

I even took my camera to document the occasion, but forgot to take a photo. Today, I had lunch at my friend, Cheryl's, house. It was Cheryl, Wendy, Linda and me. We were a play group when the kids were younger. It used to be my son playing with three girls. He'll be dreaming about that ratio when he gets a bit older! We continue to have lunch fairly regularly even though the kids are all in school. It is a time I look forward to. It is nice to spend the time and catch up. We rotate whose house we go to for lunch and the menu spans the gambit. Cheryl brought us back around to sandwiches and they were yummy! I had two halves - one on each type of bread. The vinegar salad was wonderful. It was similar to a green bean salad but with lots of other additions. I need to get the recipe. She ended the lunch with brownies iced and topped with nuts. Of course I splurged (fyi...one of Adam's spelling words this week), I don't have nuts at this house due to an allergy. So, I eat them out when I can.

We talked about soccer, choir, high school, middle school, teenagers (Linda's son turned 13 today!), grades, hiking, weather, church, and we tried to solve the world's problems. I am not sure how far we got on the latter. That is to be continued at the next lunch.

I am grateful for the friendship. This lunch was a highlight in a rather dreary day. We've had another day of steady drizzle. We thought the sun was trying to make an entrance but to no avail.

Here's to our friendship!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! Everyone needs to hang out with friends regularly!