Monday, October 8, 2007

Today was a Treat

The big guy took the day off today and we got lots of little things accomplished. It has been a long time since he took a day and just hung out here.

We started the day with a family bike ride. I rode my new bike and there were no incidents. My younger son amazes me. He has a small, heavy bike. But, he is determined to lead the pack. I can't imagine how hard his legs and heart were working the entire 10 miles. He did not ease up beating his older brother to the driveway!

We cleaned out a game closet at the top of the hallway. It was great to have my husband there to "force" me to part with games we haven't played in years. We have aged past most of the JR games. We loaded them right up with all the other Goodwill items in the back of the Volvo.

We finally got the new shelves put together in our older son's room. They are perfect. He really likes them. Everytime I walk into his room it strikes me as a teenager's den. Where did my baby go?

We hung the mirror in our bedroom. It has been a long time since we have had a full length mirror. I used to have to climb onto the tub to get a full-length shot. It is nice the extra light the mirror brings.

We also hung a mirror landscape in our younger son's bedroom. It brightens everything up too. I just need to work on some window treatment there and he will be good to go!

My husband is going to change out our shower head. I'd like to do the entire bathroom, but this will be a big improvement. The current shower head is pulling in air creating a whistling sound as the water comes out. I hope it is a quick change out - as it should be. I have to shower myself and get ready for choir practice.

In between all this, we made one stop at Home Depot for some hooks. The hardware store is a wonderful place. I worked at one all through high school and college. Every time I go in, I love to walk around and come up with ideas. It happened this time too. We may be moving to the laundry room to do some renovation. I will keep you posted on that.

I just noticed it is raining! Yahoo! We need it to rain and rain and rain. I turned on the sprinkler around lunch time. I should have turned it on earlier!!!

I am thankful for all our accomplishments today. Most of all, I am thankful for those I love. Today was a treat - calorie free!!!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh my...you're right...they turn into teenagers so fast, don't they?! It is funny that you just now got a full length mirror because I'm in that situation right now. I'm almost scared to find out what I do look like full-length!! You can send some of that rain up here too! It is sooo dry right now.

Becky said...

I was worried about the mirror too. I really like it. It amazes me what differences small changes can make!