Thursday, October 11, 2007

Happy Birthday, Deb!

For some reason it hit me the other day that a high school friend, Debbie, is celebrating her 40th birthday today! Happy Birthday to You!

Debbie is a wonderful person and I am thankful for the friendship. I have to confess I am not the best at staying in touch! Debbie always had a smile on her face and was friends with everyone. She extends her hand to meet everyone. No one is a stranger to her. I've learned from her trying to say hello to as many folks as possible and to listen to what they have to say. Debbie is intelligent, athletic, a wonderful mom, and a great person. This world is a better place with her in it.

Today is HER day! Deb, please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers today. As you enter this next decade of life, may it be everything and more than you can imagine!

In a recent newsletter from the kid's folk group, Trout Fishing in America, there was a "new" way to sing the song today. Apparently, it keeps you from aging if you sing it in reverse. Here's my song to you (just imagine I am singing it, although it might sound better coming from Aaron)~

You To Birthday Happy,
You To Birthday Happy,
Debbie, Dear Birthday Happy
You To Birthday Happy!

I looked through all my pictures and found these two. One is from some place on choir tour and the other is at a basketball game our sophomore or junior year, I think. They are not the best quality. I am still trying to perfect the scanner and software.



Choir tours were lots of fun. Remember surfing in the bus aisles?



Drill Team! I keep wondering if those Go-Go boots will ever come back in to style.

Enjoy your day and many many more!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Oh Becky! I didn't even remember Deb's b-day... I am sending her an email right now!!! She is the biggest sweetheart we ever knew! And still is! And thanks a lot for showing everybody my dorky drill team photo! I don't even have one like that...it brings back good memories. :)

Becky said...

Beth, I thought you might like the picture and included it just for you! Drill team was fun. And, it taught me the life lesson that when you don't make things, you can try again or try something else!