Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Little Red Riding Hood - NOT!

This morning I was out on my bike ride. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. The sky was picture-perfect blue and the temperature was just right. I headed out of the historical downtown area on a two lane road. It is kind of country-like. There aren't many houses. The houses that are there are of the old, small kind. Trees line the road. They are somewhat dense. I noticed some squirrels roaming about and thought to myself that they just better stay out of my way! They were quite rambunctious. Then, I looked thirty feet down the road and there standing on the road was a red-tailed fox!! It took me a few moments. I thought it was a stray dog at first. I looked again and it came to me what it really was. Needless to say, I did a U-turn right then and there. The fox had its tail up and its ears perked just watching me. I did not look back to see where he or she went.

All I know is that I did want to Little Red Riding Hood today!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That's funny! I think red-tailed foxes are so beautiful. Unfortunately they usually get hit in the street (by cars, not bikes!)