Friday, October 5, 2007

Rent an RV

The boys get a few days off for Fall Break and we are heading to a state park about 4 hours away. They have an option to Rent an RV. So, we decided to go for it. We are pretty sure it won't be a Hampton Inn. The RV is "grounded" in place and is rented year-round. From pictures, it looks like it has it all - even a TV. I challenged them last night to go w/o TV over the weekend and I got moans from the biggest kid of all. What would we do without all the football?? The RV has a deck built off of it and a grill. We've got all the ingredients for s'mores:) We are taking a ranger led sunset kayak cruise of a lake on Saturday evening. That should be a blast. I hope to bring my camera along, but have to get over the worries of it ending up in the lake. There are trails and fishing available too. Our older son loves to fish. We decided to take the easy way out and just rent bikes when we get there. I hope we don't regret that. I've got to get busy getting ALL the stuff together...

Here's to a weekend of fun, no bug or tick bites, and wonderful memories!!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Have lots of fun!!! I think you'll be okay right now from ticks... they don't seem to be out at all here, but check anyways. The kayaking sounds like a blast! I've never done it before. Oooh and s'mores...yummy!!!

Becky said...

It has been so warm here. I don't think anything bugs have been zapped. We are just waiting for the big guy to get home, load up the car and go.

Here is the REAL question - Can I survive without the Mac this weekend?