Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Friendship

Today I had lunch with a friend, Kathy. It was great to see her. We both have busy schedules and children that demand lots of time. She is often in my thoughts. I can make up lots of excuses. The truth is lots of time passes in between each visit. I am not proud of that. When our children were at the same school, we chatted in the halls or parking lot. Now, our kids go to different schools and we live just far enough apart to make getting together a challenge.

Our lunch today was yummy! Thank you, Kathy, for the treat! Kathy and her children had the opportunity to travel around the world earlier this year. Our next get together has to include a slide show of all those adventures! I feel so fortunate that she thought of us while in those far away lands.

The art on the side of this bag is Aboriginal art. I love it. It has mosaic qualities. I am going to have to research that art technique a bit more. I needed something to put my music in for my voice lessons. Kathy must have known! The lessons went great. More of that in another post.

Kathy brought the boys "real" boomerangs from Australia. They will love them. They came with a warning that they really do go. Apparently Kathy's son threw his at a park and hit a woman's ankle! Woops! Again, that will be a future post if my boys do any damage with the boomerangs. They were very excited when they saw them. They were plotting a throw inside to damage the old TV thinking they could replace it with a flat panel, HDTV!!!

This paper is absolutely gorgeous. I just got the boys' fall school pictures. I will send the pictures to my family with "real" letters on this paper.

The relief piece of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph is beautiful. It has found its home on my dresser. The box says Creaxione Artistica, Collezione Argenti. It is from Rome as it the bookmark calendar of Pope Benedict. The idea of a book mark calendar is novel. Like my choice of words? It will inspire me to read and pray - two things you can't get enough of!!


I saw this quote from Marcel Proust, "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. This afternoon was a treat! I am glad we got to share the time together. Thank you, Kathy, for charming my soul!

As luck would have it, Kathy got a phone call that her younger son was running a fever at school. It may seem like a challenge, but I do believe God only gives us what we can handle. Have fun juggling that one. Hope he gets well soon:))

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Sounds like she is a really great friend! And very cool stuff she brought you guys!!!