Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Meat Loaf

If I was a betting person, I would have bet a small fortune that my kids would have liked the meat loaf from Everyday Food. I made it for dinner this evening using the ground chuck and ground pork. I thought bacon would be a no-brainer addition that the boys would love.

I should know better! The boys looked at it like I was trying to feed them something completely foreign. They added some cheese on top and doused each bite with ketchup. They both did not like it. My older son was convinced I was hiding something in the meat loaf. Too bad my sister lives so far away. She loves meat loaf. As we were cleaning up, my husband said that he thought the meat loaf was good. I know he meant it. But, for a split second I wondered what he might be buttering me up for!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

HA! I wish I could've tasted it!!! Don't you love it? I think we were probably the same way as children. I know my mom tried new things all the time and there were those days I just looked at it in disgust...especially "Libby Surprise" Days!!

Becky said...

I remember having crock-pot "crap." I did not like it. That may be why I don't seem to like too much from the crock pot. And, I am sure I gave my mom that look too!!